But if you don’t wear it properly it could undo all your hard work (and ours).
What you wear says a lot about you – from the all-important business meeting to the wedding or graduation you need to look your best for.
Here are our top 10 tips for looking sharp.
- When you are standing up, only a 1/4 inch of the shirt collar should be exposed above the jacket collar.
- Measure your jacket sleeves – only 1/2 inch of your shirt cuff should be exposed.
- Your jacket hem should fall to the point that your fingertips naturally end.
- Shoulder pads are tricky to alter, so when you buy a suit, ensure that they are gently sloping downwards and that they end at the shoulders.
- Your tie should not be seen from under the sides nor the back of your shirt collar.
- Ensure the hem of your trousers rests on the tops of your shoes, with a small break in the crease.
- When you sit down in your suit, unbutton your jacket so that it doesn’t ride up – this can ruin your look and your jacket.
- Complete your look with a good-quality shirt, tie, belt, shoes (belt and shoes should be a matching colour).
- When your tie is tied, the bottom end of it should just reach or partially cover your belt.
- Always have your suit jacket and trousers dry cleaned at the same time – by us!.
Don’t forget. Making sure your suit is dry cleaned is also essential. We’re experts in making sure your clothes are treated with care and attention to keep you looking your best.